Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 06-21-2011, 03:40 PM   #291
ambasah
Red Skull

the popularity of gijoe has little to do with the lack of success for this (and really any) statue.

the vast majority of joe collectors want figures with articulation - not statues. It will be difficult to get them on board, no matter how nice the statues are.

I agree the edition size is too large. But the popularity of the franchise is not the reason why these aren't selling.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:56 PM   #292
Spazzy
Hercules

Joe collectors are cheap, always have been always will be, only a small ratio is willing to buy more than toys.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:15 PM   #293
Viper2005
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I can't believe any big G.I. Joe fan is putting Lady Jaye up there as being more popular than Cobra Commander/Snake Eyes/Zartan/Flint. Although, the wish for Jem is making me think those comments may be not exactly serious... I mean, that is just truly outrageous. Truly, truly, truly outrageous.
I wouldn't buy Cobra Commander/Snake Eyes/Zartan/Flint.
But I'd buy Destro or Lady Jaye or Baroness.
Viper2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:21 PM   #294
Vracula
Jedi Order

I give this line maybe 5 to 8 characters before it dies a slow death.Im preety sure we will see all the females ,Me personally just want my snake eyes pf and a stormshadow pf and then im done.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #295
rayphoton
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
Joe collectors are cheap, always have been always will be, only a small ratio is willing to buy more than toys.
I'm a Joe collector...I may be thrifty but i also am shelling out some serious cash for some of these statues, of which I plan to buy most.

Not everyone is the same
rayphoton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:41 PM   #296
Spazzy
Hercules

yeah you are in the small ratio that is willing to expand past plastic action figures....I wish there was more, SS may impress for awhile but I am with Vrac where I think there may be only a handful before the line dies down...which sucks but I haven't seen much to say otherwise....the Joe statue lines no matter how good they were (palisades) didn't make it too far.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:41 PM   #297
Spazzy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper2005 View Post
I wouldn't buy Cobra Commander/Snake Eyes/Zartan/Flint.
But I'd buy Destro or Lady Jaye or Baroness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vracula View Post
I give this line maybe 5 to 8 characters before it dies a slow death.Im preety sure we will see all the females ,Me personally just want my snake eyes pf and a stormshadow pf and then im done.
The females will sell, they just need to make them sexy and they will sell.
Old 06-21-2011, 10:52 PM   #298
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post
You like Jem? You are certified cool.
Yeah the Jem opening is still really cool. I watch it every night after G.I. Joe. I'll probably watch the whole series one of these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
You are talking just on the cartoon, in the comics Cobra Commander was much more competant and evil. I take the cartoons just as they are pointed towards the kids that watched them, the newer cartoons are pointed more towards the adults that grew up with them.
I barely remember the Marvel comics. I only have a few left. I had a good run up to number #60 or so. The Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow #46 cover is one of the few I have left. I think the rest were thrown out. I'll probably get the collected editions one of these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayphoton View Post
If you watch the 80's cartoon...they were all silly and all their plans failed. you couldn't be evil in the 80's and be successful, it just didn't happen. Ever
Not all. The Galaxy Rangers never revived Zack's wife I think. I still need to pick up the whole series. Waiting to see if a blu-ray is coming at comic con. The Japanese ones were also fairly rough unedited. The G.I. Joe movie tried to be darker. Duke was flirting with death in the whole movie and was supposed to die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonJF View Post
I can't believe any big G.I. Joe fan is putting Lady Jaye up there as being more popular than Cobra Commander/Snake Eyes/Zartan/Flint. Although, the wish for Jem is making me think those comments may be not exactly serious... I mean, that is just truly outrageous. Truly, truly, truly outrageous.
I'm very serious about Jem. Outrageous character design! But I would take Scarlett, Lady Jaye, Baroness, and Duke over the characters you mentioned except I would add Flint to my list.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:37 AM   #299
Mannequin
I'm writing an unauthorized autobiography.

We recently finished a Toy fair here in Manila and I browse on the Famous Cosplayer both local and international Alodia Gosiengfiao and I hope SSC makes a Baroness like this..

Mannequin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 12:46 AM   #300
demonhunter
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mannequin View Post
We recently finished a Toy fair here in Manila and I browse on the Famous Cosplayer both local and international Alodia Gosiengfiao and I hope SSC makes a Baroness like this..

Alodia is beautiful. But she is not Baroness to me. Olivia Wilde was a beautiful baroness. I think she was dressed up as Baroness for an mtv.

She makes good Baroness, yarrr?
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote